WIM HOF age (20 April 1959), also known as The Iceman, is a Dutch extreme athlete noted for his ability to withstand extreme cold.
THE ICEMAN has climbed Mount Everest in his shorts, resisted altitude sickness, completed a marathon in the Namib Desert with no water and proven under a laboratory setting that he is able to influence his autonomic nervous system.
Wim Hof caught the attention of scientists when he proved he was able to use meditation to stay submerged in ice for 1 hour and 53 minutes without his core body temperature changing.
“I have learnt to control my happiness, health and strength and that is no philosophical or sectarian, it is chemistry rule”
“I am not afraid to die, I am afraid not to live”
*Wim Hof attributes his feats to his Wim Hof Method (WHM), a combination of frequent cold exposure, breathing techniques and meditation.
Wim Hof has six children, four of them with his first wife who committed suicide in 1995, and two sons, born in 2003 and in 2017 to his second wife.
Hof feels that sadness over the loss of his first wife was formative in leading him to develop techniques to face low temperature environments.
The method of Wim Hof has had some controversies too and been accused of overstating the benefits, giving false hope to people suffering from serious diseases, and some of his claims have been uncritically reported by the media.
Praw (the mascot of Passions – the mascot of Let’s Prowess) is now on Earth and he is the creature who has informedto Prawland about this superhuman.
This is for all those creatures in the universe who have the Prowess Of Athletics.
L.P Opinion about Wim Hof : He is fascinating human!!!
WHAT IS YOUR PASSION? LET’S PROWESS register Let’s Prowess
Wim Hof METHOD:
DO YOU LIKE THE PROWESS OF ATHLETICS? IS YOUR PASSION?
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO RUNNING ON ICE or TAKE A BATH WITH ICE?
WOULD YOU START THE WIM HOF METHOD? YES or NO?
Answer the questions herewww.letsprowess.com/community
Wim Hof Records:
- On March 2000, Hof set the Guinness World Record for farthest swim under ice, with a distance of 57.5 metres (188.6 ft). The swim at a lake near Pello, Finland was filmed for a Dutch Television program, and a test run the previous day almost ended in disaster when his cornea started to freeze and he was swimming blind. A diver rescued him as he was starting to lose consciousness.
- On January 2007, Hof set a world record for fastest half marathon barefoot on ice and snow, with a time of 2 hours, 16 minutes and 34 seconds.
- In 2007, Wim Hof climbed to an altitude of 7,200 metres (23,600 ft) on Mount Everest wearing nothing but shorts and shoes, but failed to reach the summit due to a recurring foot injury.
- On January 2009, Hof set the world record for longest time in direct, full-body contact with ice a total of 16 times, including 1 hour, 42 minutes and 22 seconds on January 23, 2009; 1 hour, 44 minutes in January 2010; and 1 hour 53 minutes and 2 seconds in 2013.
- On February 2009, Wim Hof reached the top of Mount Kilimanjaro within two days wearing only shorts.
- On September 2009, he ran a full marathon in the Namib Desert without water, under the supervision of Dr. Thijs Eijsvogels.
Wim Hof Breathing Method Technique:
- Controlled hyperventilation: The first phase involves 30 cycles of breathing.
- Exhalation: After completion of the 30 cycles of controlled hyperventilation, take another deep breath in, and let it out completely. Hold the breath for as long as possible.
- Breath retention: When strong urges to breathe occur, take a full deep breath in. Hold the breath for around 15 – 20 seconds and let it go. The body may experience a normal head-rush sensation.
These three phases may be repeated for three consecutive rounds
🌎L.P Community ask about Wim Hof:
- Is Wim Hof method worth it?
- How old Wim Hof?
- Has Wim Hof climbed Everest?
- How many times a day do I have to do the breathing exercise?
- how to Wim Hof meditation?
- Books by Wim Hof or books about Wim Hof?
- Yes, Wim Hof method benefits have shown that exposure to cold increases brown fat and the capacity for non-shivering thermogenesis. There is some evidence that brown adipose tissue may reduce the risk of diabetes through uptake of glucose and lipids. Practices such as cold bathing have been common at least as far back as Roman times, and numerous health benefits have been claimed, but long-term benefits are not yet supported by randomised controlled trials.
- In 2007 Wim Hof climbed to an altitude of 7,200 metres (23,600 ft) on Mount Everest wearing nothing but shorts and shoes, but failed to reach the summit due to a recurring foot injury.
- Wim Hof Breathing Technique is whatever you feel: a little bit down, a little bit sick, a little bit without energy and you will feel happiness, strength and health.
- To start meditating it is essential to get in a comfortable position, sit down and keep your back upright. Always make sure you are in a safe environment without any distractions. When you are calm and relaxed you can start focusing on your breathing.
- Wim Hof books: Wim Hof Method: How Power Breathing Technique, Extreme Cold Therapy And Strong. The Way of the Iceman: How the Wim Hof Method Creates Radiant, Longterm Health-Using the Science and Secrets of Breath Control, Cold-Training and Commi by Wim Hof and Koen De Jong. What Doesn’t Kill Us: how freezing water, extreme altitude, and environmental conditioning will renew our lost evolutionary strength. Becoming the Iceman. The power of cold.
LET’S PROWESS STORYTELLING
LET’S PROWESS the BRAND that identifies and defines YOU.
Prawis absolutely delighted with the Earth. He has observed that some humans possess like an aurora lights throwing from their bodies. Others, have simply nothing and he does not understand why.
Wim Hof. Passion for Athletics. Let’s Prowess.
WHAT IS LET’S PROWESS COMPETITION orL.P.C?
WHAT IS LET’S PROWESS ENTERTAINMENT orL.P.E?
What does Prowess mean? Define Prowess? Here it is the meaning for Let’s Prowess:
LET’S is Showtime, Style, Entertainment, Events, Competition, Adventure and Action.
PROWESS is your Passion, your Purpose, your Unique, your Obsession, your Desire, your Inspiration, your Creativity and your Power.
Passion for Athletics. News Athletics. Wim Hof
Let’s Prowess Blog: The most creative blog where you can find the news in the world of Let’s Prowess.